Google Search Box

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Catching Up on a Sunday Night

Happy Sunday!

I wanted to take a minute to post some news from us as we're hanging out on a Sunday night watching the Academy of Country Music Awards.

A couple posts ago I mentioned that Jen and I hiked to the top of Stone Mountain with my father. Well, since she's three weeks more pregnant today than that day, we decided to hike to the top of Kennesaw Mountain a few miles from our house. Kennesaw Mountain was the scene of an important battle during the war between the states.

Here's a "super-compressed" video of Jen hiking up the mountain just to prove she did it:




Topic number 2: I mention I was back in Austin a couple weeks ago for a meeting. I was having a drink with a friend around midnight when a celebrity walked in.

He's more famous for his hair and his ex-wife than he is for his music in some parts.

If you guessed Lyle Lovett, you're right.

Those of us there that evening resisted the urge to use camera phones to snap photos of him with his companion. One of our party did introduce herself and let him know that she enjoyed his music.

Topic number 3: Jen and I live 800 yards up the hill from the Chattahoochee River in Atlanta. Our backyard butts up against the national recreation area.

Last Wednesday night, Jen and I were sitting on the backporch, listening to some bluegrass music, and a deer wandered into view.

Here's another "compressed" video:



No other news about the twins as we're still debating names.

More news coming soon!

No comments: