Google Search Box

Monday, July 21, 2008

2 Fun Photos

Well, it looks like there's a hurricane in the gulf. Or, soon to be a hurricane. I've been a fan of storms like this since undergrad at the University of Wisconsin.

Dolly will hit mostly undeveloped ranch land in south Texas. It will make landfall in the general vicinity of the ranch where Dick Cheney shot that dude.

Here's the latest photo from above:



It got me thinking about two of our tropical weather experiences: Allison and Rita. While there were others (one with plenty of rain on a Friday night & another midday while on the 7th floor at 9801 Westheimer), Rita and Allison were the notable events.

I decided to dig out these photos. Here's Rita:



I missed the evacuation. Jen didn't.

Here's Allison's aftermath. I was on the golf course. Jen wasn't.



-30-

No comments: